The way of hiring employees has changed considerably in the past few decades. AI and other technological innovations are adopted by many organizations to simplify and streamline their hiring process. The core functions of recruitment process include collecting, screening resumes, interviewing, onboarding, benefits, compensations, payroll and much more.
Recruiters or HR professionals receive hundreds of resumes each day for a single job profile. Hence, resume screening is considered as one of the most time consuming and monotonous tasks which consume most of the time of HR professionals. So, how can it be done effortlessly without consuming much time?
Word, PDF is the most common formats of resume that recruiters receive. Even though these documents are easy to read and understand for humans, system interpretation is the most difficult. Resume parser is a software to automate the resume screening process. It is a program to convert a free form of text into a structured format which can be easily understood by computers. It is designed to scan, analyze resumes and extracts information includes skills, educational qualification, work experience, contact details, achievements, professional specialization, and much more from them quickly to store into ATS/CRM automatically.
Benefits of resume parsing software:
- It saves recruiters’ time.
- It offers bulk upload to sort out multiple resumes.
- It provides email inbox parsing.
- It offers CV automation to streamline the entire recruitment process.
- It finds relevant matches with a semantic search function.
- It contains the rich library of taxonomies to categorize candidate skills.
Who needs resume parser?
- It is helpful for recruiters, HR professionals.
- It is a must-have feature for ATS/CRM to extract information from resumes.
- It is useful for job boards to automate their CV insertion, quick submission to deliver excellent candidate experience.
- It is helpful for staffing companies, recruitment agencies to streamline their recruitment process.
- It is useful for enterprises to integrate with their existing HR software for extracting resume data.
What does parse resume mean? How can it simplify the recruitment process?
Source: HR.com Articles