Human resources is one of the flourishing career options in the US. In fact, among several countries, it is one of the prominent business functions here. Unlike in other countries, it is treated as a core business function with teams comprising of large members with varying experience, ranging from associates to vice-presidents. Each having their own set of skills and responsibilities.
There are several certifications which can equip you with the skills required for a career in HR. Certification are not mandatorily required, however, they can help you stand out from competing candidates. And employers favor certified candidates over non-certified ones. These certifications are offered by different institutions and according to the level of experience.
Let’s look at some HR certifications which can help you get job in the USA.
1. TMP (Talent Management Practitioner) by Talent Management Institute
As you may get from the name of this certification, it is meant for people interested in talent management. Ideal candidates are fresh graduates, who are looking to start their career in HR as talent management.
To take this certification, you need to mandatorily have a bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related discipline.
2. STMP (Senior Talent Management Practitioner) by Talent Management Institute
This is an ideal certification for people who have at least 5 years of experience in talent management or HR related operations. This is one of the popular HR certifications in the U.S.A.If you’re moving from a different country and looking for a job as an HR professional in the U.S, and have working experience. This would be an ideal certification to take.
3. SHRM- CP (SHRM Certified Professional ) by Society for Human Resources Management
This is similar to TMP and is ideal for fresh graduates. In fact, it is also offered for final year university students who have internship experience. If you already have full-time experience in HR, you can also take this certification.
In order to take this certification, you should have a bachelor’s degree or full-time experience
4. SHRM –SCP ( SHRM Senior Certified Professional) This is meant for a senior professional in HR who develop and execute organization-wide HR policies. People who hold extensive experience in managing talent, foster influence in the HR community, analyze performance metric and more should take this certification.
5. aPHR – (Associate Professionals in Human Resources) by HRCI
HRCI is a leading body in HR certifications in U.S.A and offers several certifications. aPHR is meant for entry-level HR professionals. By that, it means, if you are looking to embark on a HR career. This one is suitable for you.
You need to have a high school diploma to take this certification. No experience is required.
6. PHR – ( Professional in Human Resources ) by HRCI
This certification is similar to SHRM-CP. This certification equips you with practical skills for delivering human resources services. To take this certification, you need to mandatorily have at least one year of full-time experience in human resources management.
Resource link: https://qr.ae/TWKvTz
What certification should I do to get a job in HR in the USA?
Source: HR.com Articles